Friday, April 15, 2016

Why I love being a teacher...



Teaching is such a labor of love. I have never questioned my decision to become a teacher. All my little ones... past and present... are super awesome, and will always hold a special place in my heart. There is not a day that goes by that one of my ahh-mazing students doesn't either draw me a beautiful work of art, write me the sweetest note, or give me the best squeeze hug ever! The artwork and notes go on the board to be admired all day, and the squeeze hugs make my heart smile bigger than I thought possible. I never have a bad day at "work"... my students won't allow it.

Over spring break, one of my adorable second graders, (the pretty young lady pictured here sitting with me on the playground), wrote me the most incredibly heart-melting letter imaginable... simply titled, "I Love You". I'll admit, as I was reading it, I got teary-eyed just thinking about how this beautiful little girl standing before me could have so much love and admiration for me. In that moment, I knew without hesitation that my cup truly does runneth over... and I absolutely la-la-love being this little girl's second grade teacher more than words can say.

Here is her letter...


I Love You
Mrs. Kearson you are so kind and
beatuful. I love you so much
I like your smile I am so glad
that i am in Your
classroom. You make my Day
special and you make my
Day shine. I like what
You Do to me you make me
very very kind. I will always
Do my Best for you and
for me. I like evry
thing you do for me and
the class. You help me
and the class. love Nevaeh A. i Love You.


(the most heart-melting letter ever written from a second grade student to her second grade teacher)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Click here to leave a comment